Research in Digital Age
Christina Connor – Potter Library
Lib Guide for our class: https://libguides.ramapo.edu/HIST305
- Google Books Advanced Book Search
- Internet Archive
- Hathi Trust
- Family Search (Genealogical) – free
- Ancestry.com (Genealogical) – 14 day free /JAPP Office/Wyckoff and Ridgewood Public Library
- Ellis Island Passenger Search – free
- Proquest Historical Newspapers – George Potter Library
Images and Videos
- See our guide
- We will be using Basecamp to organize your research, to demonstrate how to use these kinds of platforms for organizing work.
- Create a To Do list for each of your blog posts.
- Assign it to yourself
- Create specific things that you want to do, places you want to check for data, questions that you want to answer.
- Use the commenting section to link to resources, upload scans or other files, and track your research.
- If you have a question you can add that as well, and include others on the site who might be able to help (hint, me!)
- I’ll be looking at your Basecamp notes and activity.