What makes sites good or bad?
Take 10 minutes to think carefully about the sites that you selected.
- Can you come up with some general rules for what you think good web design is?
- Can you come up with some general rules for what you think bad web design is?
- Present your sites with your overview.
How do you design a site?
- What is its purpose?
- Who is it for?
- What adjectives would you use to describe it?
- What features should it have?
Look and Feel
- How does the site convey a sense of the subject matter?
- Is it easy to read?
- How does it use images?
- How does it use text?
- How does it convey quality?
- Is it easy to figure out how to find things?
- Do the top menus make sense with sub-menus?
- Can you get lost or fail to locate content?
- Are users able to take multiple paths through the site?
Primary and Secondary Source Materials
- How should the site handle primary source materials?
- How should it handle citations?
- Is it easy to differentiate between primary and secondary texts?