React to Perusall
What is Digital History?
- Main takeaways from reading? – Can we come up with a definition?
- Difference between traditional history and digital history?
- Will this divide between traditional and digital history/humanities remain?
- Challenges of doing digital history?
- What skills are needed?
Varieties of History Sites
- 100 Awesome Blogs for History Junkies
- Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Bowery Boys-New York City History
- Douglass Papers
- Martha Ballard’s Diary
- Teenie Harris Archive
- National Archives Digital Vault – fancier!
Thematic Research Collections
Audio and Video Collections
- Presidential Recordings Project
- Telling their Stories
- Museum of the Moving Image – Living Room Candidate
- Mike Wallace Interviews
- American During the 1918 Flu Epidemic
- American Reconstruction: People and Politics After the Civil War
- The Masses
- The Great Chicago Fire and the Web of Memory
Database Driven Collections
- Robert Cohen’s “Student Activism in the 1930s”
- Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
- Gilded Age Plains City
- Imaging the French Revolution-collaboration
Next class, each student will select three events to blog about for the Discovering 1919 website.