- Dougherty, Jack, and Kristen Nawrotzki, eds., Writing History in the Digital Age. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2013. ISBN: 978-0-472-05206-6 (paperback), 978-0-472-02991-4 (e-book), also freely available online. – WHDA
- Weller, Toni, ed. History in the Digital Age. New York: Routledge, 2013. ISBN: 9780415666978 (paperback) – HDA
- Allen, Robert B. and Robert Sieczkiewicz, “How Historians Use Historical Newspapers,” (2010).
- Bailey, Moya Z. “All the Digital Humanists are White, All the Nerds Are Men, but Some of Us Are Brave,” Journal of Digital Humanities (Winter 2011).
- Blevins, Cameron, “Martha Ballard’s Diaries,” (4 blog posts), Cameron Blevins, 2009-2010.
- Brennan, Timothy, “The Digital-Humanities Bust ,” Chronicle of Higher Education, Oct. 15, 2017.
- Chandler, Adam. “A Warehouse Fire of Digital Memories,” The Atlantic, Feb. 13, 2015.
- Dan Cohen and Roy Rosenzweig, “Becoming Digital,” in Digital History (2006)
- Cohen, Dan. “Searching for the Victorians,” Dan Cohen’s Blog, Oct. 4, 2010.
- Cordell, Ryan “On What Is Digital History” (video) (May 2018)
- Dempsey, Joe, Daniel Hargreaves, Daniel Peacock, Chelsea Lindsey, Dominic Bell, Luc Fontenoy and Heather Williams, “Pudding Lane: Recreating Seventeenth Century London,” Journal of Digital Humanities (Spring 2014).
- Denbo, Seth, “Imagining the Digital Monograph,” Perspectives on History, November 2018.
- Frankle, Elissa. “More Crowdsourced Scholarship: Citizen History,” Center for the Future of the Museum, July 28, 2011.
- Graham, S, I. Milligan, & S. Weingart, “Making Your Data Legible: A Basic Introduction to Visualizations,” The Historian’s Macroscope: Big Digital History (2015).
- Hindy, Joseph 20 Google Search Tips to Use Google More Effectively, Life Hack (August 2018)
- Kheraj, Sean, “Best Practices for Writing History on the Web,” Oct. 16, 2014, Active.History.ca.
- Leon, Sharon “About the Jesuit Plantation Project,” and “Thinking with Linked Data, Representing History,” [bracket], November 1, 2018.
- McKernan, Luke, Six Degrees of Francis Bacon, October 16, 2015.
- Owens, Trevor. “Crowdsourcing Cultural Heritage: The Objectives Are Upside Down”, March 10, 2012.
- Rosenzweig, Roy, and Dan Cohen. Digital History. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2005. ISBN: 0812219236.
- Rubin, Anna Sarah. Accuracy and Authenticity in a Digital City: Slave Streets, Free Streets and the Landscape of Early Baltimore, Perspectives on History, October 7, 2020.
- Spiro, Lisa. “This is Why We Fight: Defining Values in the Digital Humanities,” in Matthew Gold, ed. Debates in the Digital Humanities, 2012.
- Townsend, Robert. “Historians and the Technologies of Research” Perspectives on History, October 2017.
- Anna Vital, “What is an Infographic?” Adioma (June 2018)
- Wewers, Dan. A Brief Guide to Writing the History Paper (Harvard Writing Center) 2007.
- Laura Zuccioni, Ethan Watrall, Hannah Ueno, and Lisa Rosner, “Pox and the City: Challenges in Writing a Digital History Game,” WHDA, 198-206.
- Bodenheimer, David J. “The Spatial Humanities: Space, Time, and Place in the New Digital Age,” in Toni Weller, ed. History in the Digital Age. New York: Routledge, 2013. ISBN: 9780415666978 (paperback), pp. 23-38.
- Madsen-Brooks, Leslie, “I Am Nevertheless a Historian,” WHDA, 49-63.
- McCall, Jeremiah, “Teaching History with Digital Historical Games: An Introduction to the Field and Best Practices,” Simulation and Gaming, May 9, 2016.
- Thomas, David and Valerie Johnson. “New Universes or Black Holes? Does Digital Change Anything?” in Toni Weller, ed. History in the Digital Age. New York: Routledge, 2013. ISBN: 9780415666978 (paperback), pp. 173-194.
- Turkel, William J., Kevin Kee, and Spencer Roberts, “A method for navigating the infinite archive,” in Toni Weller, ed. History in the Digital Age. New York: Routledge, 2013. ISBN: 9780415666978 (paperback), pp. 61-75.
- Weller, Toni. “Introduction,” in Toni Weller, ed. History in the Digital Age. New York: Routledge, 2013. ISBN: 9780415666978 (paperback), pp. 1-19.
Photo: Detail of the Birch Mansion at Ramapo College, Mahwah.