Form groups of two. Try to partner with someone you haven’t worked with yet.
- A popular video game manufacturer will publish a series of educational games, set in historical time periods.
- Assume that they will use the same high-quality graphics and game engine, and can model period clothing and settings given enough resource material.
- Assume that one of the goals is to use primary sources as an integral part of the game.
Prepare a Google Slides pitch for your proposed game. Add illustrations to give us a sense of how the game will look and feel.
- the title of the game and ages you are aiming to serve. You must aim for either E (everyone) or T (teen). No M (mature) games!
- the time period you want to set the game in and why it is a good choice
- the historical events the game will address
- What kinds of primary sources you would use to make the game historical.
- the activities themselves (what the player will be doing)
- the educational outcomes that the game will serve.
Present the pitch to the class, who will vote for the one they think would be:
- the most fun to play,
- the most educational, and the one that
- they would fund if they were the game developer.
Vote here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RVCVFD5